Best places in Istanbul

Suada

The tiny island of GALATASARAY was originally formed of some big rocks. In 1872, Sultan Abdülaz gave the island as a gift to his master architect “Serkis”. There is a 165 meters of distance between the Kuruçesme shores and the island. After building a three floors mansion, Serkis had moved to the island. In 1874, the world famous painter “Ayvazovski” who was invited to Istanbul by Sultan Abdülaziz, stayed together with Serkis in the island to finish his paintings ordered by the Emperor for his Imperial Palace of Dolmabahce. After the 1st World War, Serkis inheritor rented the island to the Marine Enterprises' and was used as a coal yard for a long period of time.  

Copyright © 2011 - 2015 VIP DMC Turkey - Value Integrity Performance